Professional Malpractice Has my privacy been compromised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaGirl08

This is a two part question. First I was seen at my regular Dr for a routine check up on my pregnancy. They could not find a heart beat so they sent me to the hospitals diagnostic imaging center. After two hours of waiting the ultrasound tech finally was able to see me. When she finished she stated I had to wait to see the Dr. The doctor could not get to the office so she told me by phone call that I had miscarried. Was this wrong of her?

Secondly, the next morning I went in to have a pre-op appointment for surgery. When I arrived the front desk told me that the doctor would not arrive for another two hours. I was upset and huffed. The girls asked for my name which I gave. They then asked why I was there. I did not answer because I was embarrassed. There were other patients sitting there in the waiting room. Before I knew it one of the other nurses announces that I was there for a D&C. It was humiliating. I got sick and ran to the bathroom in the back. My husband, who waited for me in the waiting room, heard the same nurse telling me in the back that if I vomit I cannot have surgery that day. Needless to say, after my surgery I wont return to this practice. But were they wrong for announcing this information in front of other patients?

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Wrong and actionable have 2 different meanings. Were you planning on standing there with the dumb look on your face indefinitely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back