harrassment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflowrgrl1024

my husband and i were in the process of buying a house when we had it inspected as well as inspected for termites. well we later found out we did not get the house but still owed the two companies for their services, which was no problem, my real estate agent told us that we could wait and pay them when we had gotten our escrow money back. so we waited and i finally had gotten the escrow check about a week ago. well two days ago we received a phone call from the guy that did the house inspection demanding his money, i then asked him how he got my phone number and he claims he did a search on the internet, he then proceeded to threaten to come to my home and pick up his check so i informed him my husband was going to mail him a check on friday when he got paid, but this guy still insisted on coming to my home.. well i kept telling him he was going ot get his check in the mail on friday she he hangs up but insists on calling my house every hour. the next day starting at 9:15 am he calls my house again every hour.... well finally about 2 in the afternoon my apartment complex calls my home and says there is a man demanding to know what apartment i was living in so i asked to speak to him and it was the man that was calling me the past two days, he then kept asking to come up to my apartment so he can pick up the check, i then told him AGAIN my husband was going ot mail him the check well he kept persisting he come to my apartment til i finally got stern with him and told him to stop calling that he will get his check in the mail... well he hangs up on me but calls me from his cell phone 5 minutes later.. mind you he has been calling me from 3 different phone numbers...so i answer this time pissed off and ask him what he doesn't understand about him getting his check the next day and he threatens me and tells me if he doesn't get his check by next week things are going ot get ugly... well then he goes on to tell me he has been talking with the guy that did our termite inspection as well and that he too hasnot been paid so i told him that was my problem with another company tomind his business and he got nasty with me and told me i had better pay him.. so finally i hang up and i am so mad i call my husband at work and let him know what was going on...well then i get a letter today certified from the termite inspector and he too has my address and come to find out the home inspector gave it to him.. isnt that illegal for companies to give out customer information?? i thought we were protected by privacy laws?? is there anything i can do about this??

if your phone and address are listed on the internet, then i don't think there is an expectation of privacy with regard to that, but you might be able to file some kind of harassment charge with the phone company or police for the phone calls.

you may want to talk to the apt managers about this and see if they can get a no trespass notice put out on the guy so if he shows up on the property again he can be arrested. just worth a shot, and you may want to call the phone company, have your number put on unlisted and see about changing the number with no forward number (sometimes when you change your number if the person calls it they get the new number). it may be a pain but if it means they leave you alone then it's worth it. or if you don't want to change your number see if the company has a phone number block that prevents a certian number from coming through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back