Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harrassed for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcece1

I have been having problems with my neighbors for 3 years. They are always out their instacating problems then the police are called and they play victim like they did not do anything. She has been video taping us for years, so I finally got me a security system too, she goes and buys more cameras. Points them right in to my back yard. All this problems are on a garage that they use to store cars, they live 2 houses down from me, since they bought this property they have made my life a living hell! Its not just me they bullie everyone on my block. I tried to get a ppo out on hear, I went with out a lawyer, they lawyered up, first time for me doiung this, i lost the ppo reguest, but she had audio of my husband making a threat to her husband, and they granted it for her part. Since they had a ppo on their part, they went out of their way everyday to start problems, so one day in the summer she was walking from her home towards her garage next door to me, she had her hand held camera like she always did video taping my home and property, so my husband had his hand held camera and did the same, so she calls police, by this time i got me a security system too,offiver shows up come talk to us i show him my camera i had and the video, he said since their was a ppo he might have violated it, so we go to court for that case was dismissed, those 6 months that the ppo was in affect they were out thier all the time making racial slurs contantly harrasing us anfd my family, she bought a pig and named it my husbands name. it was living hell. we would not be home on weekends cuz they would come to thier garage and party and get drunk and act like assess, 2nd time ppo expired my husband and her husband were talking trying to talk things out, our neighbor is drunk of course, they start arguing on my husband touched him, well she calls the police and tells them cops show up, 3 months later come to find out my husband had a warrant for his arrest, after us hiring a lawyer missing work paying a bond missing work for 5 days case is dismissed. This people have threatened our live on several occasions we even have witnesses that have heard them saying they were going take us all out and save the last bullet for himself, ploce were called that time, they didnt do anything told him go home cuz he was drunk. I have spent so much money on the count of them i want to sue them for the contant harrsment.Please Help!!She is know stalking me at work!

Good grief! I probably would have moved. Sometimes it's the only and/or best option.

I own my home, And so do they. But next to me its a garage where all the problems start. I dont owe anything on my home, and dont want to start all over again. Can I Sue them for all the things they have put me threw?

You can sue them, yes - but you will not win.

I'm sorry, but I'd say that 9.9 times out of 10, someone's perceived harassment doesn't actually rise to the legal standard.

You can sue. You won't win, but even if you did, they won't stop. They don't care. Savages don't care. Savages just wreak havoc. The police can only do so much. They care, but their hands are tied, too.

The law? The law cares only about things that affect the government, or those that have power.

You can sometimes get a little help by contacting your local elected officials, building inspectors, health department. That's your best bet, try the mayor, city council, someone at city hall. Visit them, write letters, attend meetings, tell your story. They at least listen for a little while.

Lastly, write letters to the editor of your local newspaper. That sometimes gets noticed, and you might get help. The local TV and radio stations are also useful, occasionally.

If all else fails, keep the blinds closed, install burglar bars, extra locks, a good security system, and hunker down safely inside the home you own and love. They can't come inside, and you can't see if you ain't looking.

There's also a very effective way of dealing with bullies.

Be nice to them. Invite them over for a coffee. One of two things will happen: they'll either quit being idiots towards you, or they'll realize that the bullying has absolutely no effect on you.

If they cannot control how you react, it takes away most - if not all - of the power behind bullying.

Since this person seems to be drunk quite often, maybe he should be invited over for a "drink." :) (just kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back