Harrassed by Landlords calling family members

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyandbensmom

I had a 1 yr lease and I needed to break it due to the loss of a job and I became behind in rent by a few months. I was paying them 1/2 of rent every 2 weeks then I lost my job and could give them that every month so that is how I got behind. Well I called them & told them I was leaving and that I am well aware of my back rent. I gave them my address to where I was living. I anticipated an eviction process well they are now calling my father at work & are telling him all of my personal financial situation and speaking to him about my debts. I am 36 yrs old. I have sent them a letter and told them to stop immediately. They called my parents tonight (whom I live with now) and I answered the phone & they would not speak to me and said we will just call your dad at work tomorrow. We will deal with him and not you. OK well my dads name is no where on the lease. Its a binding contract between me and them. What can I do to stop this? They said they are taking me to court but this is just crazy. My dad is just so upset with this. Hes afraid he will loose his job because the landlords are very well known in the community. What else can I do? I lived in Butler PA.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back