Harassment

Ben123

I work as a CNA and every time that we need to take time off due to vacation, personal leave or sick day the company look for somebody that could replace us. Like a month ago I was sick and I have a very hard time because they said that I have to find somebody to replace me. My co- worker is absent all the time and they look for another person to replace him most of the time I'm the one. The funny thing is that my supervisor text me and told me that she cant help me because told from her sup not to help me look for a replacement.

I work as a CNA and every time that we need to take time off due to vacation, personal leave or sick day the company look for somebody that could replace us. Like a month ago I was sick and I have a very hard time because they said that I have to find somebody to replace me. My co- worker is absent all the time and they look for another person to replace him most of the time I'm the one. The funny thing is that my supervisor text me and told me that she cant help me because told from her sup not to help me look for a replacement.

Do they acting the right way? Is this legal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Do they acting the right way? Is this legal?

Please post your question only once.
Don't post the same or similar question multiple times, thank you.

Last edited:
This isn't a harassment issue. Take this up with your human resources department. Finding a replacement is the responsibility of the employer, but you don't really have a legal problem here.

FYI, nothing in any law, either Federal or state, says that the employer can't make finding your replacement your problem.

I'm not saying I agree with such a policy - I'm saying such a policy is legal.

There are employers that do require you to find your own replacement - it is legal/no law against it. (unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary)

Back