Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

malakai79

I have a big problem.I work for a company who was recently robbed,Iwas the manager there and held at gunpoint.Well when i went home i remembered some things about the day,i confided in my GM and told her i thought i recognized the robber as a friend of an ex-employee who happened to be in that day,well somehow that got leaked out to all the employees,who are friends with the ex-employee(who is also extremley violent),when i came back to work i was told they knew i had supposedly accused him of robbing the store!And that if he found out i had better watch my back because he will come after me.Well i took that as a threat and went to me district manager who said oh its no big deal dont worry about it.Well in the mean time im scared to death for my life still traumatized after being held at gunpoint,and the company didnt care,All of the employees where still bringing up this matter and telling me to watch my back every second they got :confused: Well the other day i just couldnt take it anymore and i quit. I cant afford to have quit but i also couldnt risk my life anymore, do i have any options?There is alot more to this story but its to much to type,but this is the jist of it..Please Help!

Who leaked the news? That is the most important question to answer. If you mentioned it to someone in the company in a position to hear and in confidence, then there might be an issue. Proving the matter is another thing. Additionally, you will likely need to show how you are/were afraid for your life. Simply getting dirty stares on occasion might not do it although there could be liability for leaking the news. That would have been a ridiculous act but it's not like I haven't seen that before...

Im assuming it was my general manager because she was the only one i told,As in proving why i was scared this guys felony background already does that for me it explains why i would be afraid for my life.

Without knowing who spread the word it could be difficult. The way to accomplish that would be to file suit and use the subpoena to compel the answer from the manager. As far as being afraid for your life, a felony background might not qualify for obvious reasons. There may be other reasons you know that may well fall into that category but I don't think it changes the facts that the elements of any case must be proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back