Harassing neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydreamer4033

I have a neighbor who smokes. We live in townhomes it doesnt bother me just that he puts his cigarette butts in my yard. I sweep them back into his yard and he gets upset. I have complained to the HOA before and recently sent pictures of the trash they put in my yard. I was told that they would send them a violation letter. He has his friend across the street to ride across my postage stamp sized yard with his motorcycle. I call the police but because I have no pictures and did not see it myself they take my name and number and tell me to call if it happens again. It has happened repeatedly and it always ends the same with them taking my name and number and saying to call if it happends again.

The next door neighbors kids and another neighbor a few houses down came and played in my yard with the parents watching making lots of noise, unrolling my garden hose and then leaving their toys behind, not to mention one of them steps in the path of a camera I have that does/does not work eats a 3muskateer bar and leaves the wrapper in my drive way. I file a complaint against them and the neighbor across the street takes his motorcylce and drives it through my yard leaving tire imprints and making the yard uneven to walk across.

last night i sweep the cigarette butts back into their yard and then the next door neighbor and the neighbor across the street decide that they are going to ride through my yard again with his motorcylce but i decided to stay up and try to get a picture of it. they see me in my window and then decide to wait me out. I can hear them asking each other if I am still in the window and when they see that I still am they go to the front of my and bang something (likely a hand) against it loudly. I hear the girlfriend/wife of the neighbor across the street say "Obviously this is not going to happen tonight" and they go away. This went on well past 2 am.

My daughter is having nightmares and is now spending most of her nights away from home.

I need help please.

Marcia

Good fences make good neighbors.
Keep making reports to the homeowner association.
Tell your other neighbors about the problem and find out what they have seen. Maybe they have witnessed something or can at least help you watch your property.
Consider installing a cheap video camera on your roof that will view the yard... they aren't too expensive anymore. Have motion lights installed outside and set to come on when there is motion at the edge of the property, not at your door.

And last... if it is really that bad... get a restraining order against the neighbor. If he violates the order then the police will have something more to enforce when you call them.

Fences are not allowed.

Good, no great idea about the motion detectors. I will definately look into that.

One of the neighbors they got to help got a fine and they are spitting mad at the next door neighbors now. They are having screaming matches on the street.

Thank you for your response.

Have you tried roofing nails in the yard?:D Just joking!

Take them to civil court but you'll first need to know the laws in your state. You may anger the judge if your claim is not based on law.

go to walmart and purchase a day and night vision camera with audio..... get a vcr tape deck and record up to 8 hours, now you have your proof.... then take them to small claims and sue up to $5k.... you'll win now with proof and a video...

Im not a legal expert, but i would just move. you can;'t really get too mad at kids for playing in your yard. just talk to their parents. Sometimes legal paths aren't the best for simple complaints. Confront the man about his cigarettes, and confront the guy about the motorcycle.

Without any proof you can't take any legal action but with photos of cigarette butts you can sue your neghibour for spoiling your house beauty. Take pictures carefully when they ride in to your yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back