harassement by landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauracookson

Our landlord is selling the apartment house that we live in. When we first moved here 6 years ago, someone else owned it. This landlord lives next door and is always picking on our mentally challenged daughter. Now he is suppose to be selling the building and once again he hates renters. He makes remarks to her all the time. He tries to scare her and tells her that he hates her and wants us out of here. We were okay for the five yeard that he did own the building. We have heard nothing about having to move from the new landlords. Is there anything that I can legally do to keep him from constantly harassing my daughter? This starts from the time that he comes home from work. Any time that he sees her out side he has some sort of remark to make to her. He also makes the same remarks to my five year old granddaughter that lives with us. For example yesterday they where sitting on the front porch and he came home he told them that he hated them and wanted them to move. It is all baby stuff that he does, but it does get to be annoying. My husband over heard him and asked if their was a problem and he replied no I was only telling them that I sold the house. It is up setting to my daughter, she doesn't understand that he is only trying to get her going. What can we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back