Other Immigration Law Had to go home alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolynzegler

:( Just want to see if I am on track... My boyfriend (Canadian) whom I met when he came to the states has been traveling back and forth to see me in Arizona. The last time he came call it ignorance on our part ,found a company that said they would sponser him. The company nor my boyfriend had never done this before but thought they were doing the paperwork correctly. He then immediatly began to work for this American company and I thought life was great "wrong". We both took a trip to Canada so I could finally meet his parents.Our airline tickets were round trip back to the USA. After a week visit in Canada where by the way he purposed to me :D we went to the aiport to return to the states and they pulled us in to customs. They went through all our stuff asked many questions took his photo and fingerprints and told him I could go back and he couldn't. They said proper work paperwork was not filed and that I would now have to fill out fiance' paperwork before he could return... I was devistated and the border customs person very mean and heartless , like we were criminals.. I am a Nurse of 15 years and he is a Truck Driverin the Oil Fields.

My questions are:
1. Will the fiance' papers be denied or held up due to the fact that he worked in the states for a month.
2. If the paperwork is held up are there other ways that we can still get married?
3. If the Canadian oil company he works for now gets him papers to work over the border in the USA can we get married while he is here without the fiance' paperwork and then file a change of status?
4. I thought I read somewhere about getting married at the US embassy??
Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Carolyn

Let's say he's in the US and working without permission. Let's say you meet and decide to get married and all. That's not a problem for the adjustment process. However, you decided to travel outside the US and he's now an alien who violated immigration law currently residing outside the US. You should get an attorney and look into waivers for readmission and the K-1 visa. I'm not a lawyer, and this is not legal advise.

Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back