Quiet Enjoyment Habitual Noise / Nuisance from apartment next door

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoughnoise

Since 8/8/14 the tenants next door have been playing their music at levels so loud, pictures have fallen from the walls and the floor and walls vibrate. The level in which the bass is felt and heard is unbearable at times. It can be heard and felt approx. 66 feet away from their front door. Although the times vary in which they play their loud disruptive music, it usually occurs from 4pm to 9pm daily, however, some days as early as 8am and late as 12 midnight. My question is what can I do to stop this noise nuisance. I have tried to ask the neighbor to be more considerate, and their response was closing the door on me, I contacted my apartment management and was given a complaint form to fill out, management has done nothing, no warnings, they wont come listen when the noise occurs and have told me I need to contact Metro to file a noise complaint. I have contacted Metro on approx. 8 separate occasions from August - October 2014. The neighbor will turn down the music for maybe 10 minutes then start it again, only louder. It has gotten to the point now, where the neighbor is being verbally harassing because of having Metro called. Today, I spoke to the Property Management Company and was told that they will not do anything because the playing of music is not against the lease agreement. Please help. Where else can I turn to for assistance? I don't want to have to uproot myself, pay deposits, movers, etc when I have done nothing wrong.

Since 8/8/14 the tenants next door have been playing their music at levels so loud, pictures have fallen from the walls and the floor and walls vibrate. The level in which the bass is felt and heard is unbearable at times. It can be heard and felt approx. 66 feet away from their front door. Although the times vary in which they play their loud disruptive music, it usually occurs from 4pm to 9pm daily, however, some days as early as 8am and late as 12 midnight. My question is what can I do to stop this noise nuisance. I have tried to ask the neighbor to be more considerate, and their response was closing the door on me, I contacted my apartment management and was given a complaint form to fill out, management has done nothing, no warnings, they wont come listen when the noise occurs and have told me I need to contact Metro to file a noise complaint. I have contacted Metro on approx. 8 separate occasions from August - October 2014. The neighbor will turn down the music for maybe 10 minutes then start it again, only louder. It has gotten to the point now, where the neighbor is being verbally harassing because of having Metro called. Today, I spoke to the Property Management Company and was told that they will not do anything because the playing of music is not against the lease agreement. Please help. Where else can I turn to for assistance? I don't want to have to uproot myself, pay deposits, movers, etc when I have done nothing wrong.

It can be hazardous to your health to approach people these days.
You might want to consider doing that in the future.

You continue to report each and every occurrence outside of your local noise ordinance.
Check with your city council representative or the local police agency to learn what your city says about noise.
It might help to record snippets of these noise eruptions, just to support your allegations.

You are doing all that you can.
Nothing might change, and that happens more than people admit.
So, searching for new digs can't hurt.
When your lease is up, your only choice might be to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back