H Visa H1B Visa on Stock Day Trading

pradcg

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hi Team,

I would like to know whether I can do 3 to 5 stock day trades per day. I am in H1B, does it impact any immigration. I am planning to do day trading in the morning PST time, does it impact any immigration.

Please help me on this advice.

Prad

Last edited:
Hi Team,

I would like to know whether I can do 3 to 5 stock day trades per day. I am in H1B, does it impact any immigration. I am planning to do day trading in the morning PST time, does it impact any immigration.

Please help me on this advice.

Prad

What if I said, sure buddy, do less than 50 a day and its cool?

Don't do anything mate, until you've checked with YOUR supposed overlords: www.uscis.gov

Read that packet of rules you were given, if you're serious about being a model visa holder and a guest who behaves himself or herself.

I'm unaware of any specific statement by USCIS which blesses a certain amount of day trading. By definition, day trading is not 3 trades every 5 days. It is usually buying and selling on the same day. Passive and casual investing is different. And if you're a day trader, that usually connotes something more than less than 1 trade per day on the average. So what you're talking about doesn't appear to be day trading and we can't provide any safe harbor for engaging in day trading.

Back