H Visa H1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiful

Sequence of Event:

1. My H1-B is approved until Sept 30,2009
2.In Feb'2007, I've visited my country(Bangladesh).On my way back, the immigration officer checked my passport and found that the passport is going to be expired on Sept 6, 2008.So, the officer issued I-94 with dated until passport expiry date(Sept 6,2008) which is 1 yr ahead of approved H1-B expiry date. However, The officer suggested me that when I will have a new passport, take the passport to any USCIS office and they will issue you a new I-94 with approved H1-B expiry date. I went to USCIS office but unable to do so.
3. At the sametime, My wife came to USA in April'2007 with 1yr visa which is expired in April 2008 but I applied for I-539 on March 3,2008
Question:
Now Considering the above scenario,
1.I've H1-B approved until Sept 30,2009 but I've I-94 dated until Sept 6,2008. In this situation, Do I need to apply for H1 B extension.My argument is that Why do I need H1-B extension if H1-B is approved until Sept'2009 and this extension is not going to change the I-94 date. Isn't this extension going to duplicate the last H1-B approval.
2.If I really need extension, what I need to do for my wife? Do I need to apply for my wife with that extension?In that case, What form I need to fill and how much fee is needed?
Please state Clearly since it would not be usual extension procedure.
I would highly appreciate your help
Thanks,

~Saiful

You can extend your passport and leave and re-enter the US so they would issue you a new correct date. The immigration office you visited might not be competent to handle that kind of problem. Check by calling their hotline………. Without that, I would advice you contact HR lawyers for your company to better advice and handle your wife's case.......There are many ways to do it but I can't give advice with such limited information. You need to know a lot of facts to give advice on such issues............So, contact your lawyer. Each situation is a bit different from the other in immigration law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back