H Visa H1 B visa stuck in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

namib10

Hello friends,

I am from Africa and have been working as a networking programmer in the US for the past 2 years after getting my masters in the US. I came to canada for getting my H1 B stamped and foolishly did not disclose that I had a conviction for a misdemeanor from 2 years back. I was convicted of attempted prohibited alcohol sales when I was in graduate school. I was buying a 19 yr old some beer. I was told at that time that this is a minor case and will not affect my immigration. So i totally forgot about it.

My fingerprints have been sent to the FBI to check my records. I also have a prior arrest for simple assault which was immediately dismissed. Can somebody suggest me what to do? Thanx in advance. Will hiring an attorney and making a legal representation make my case weaker( cos im being defensive). I am stuck in Ottawa now. Please help.

It never pays attempting to conceal criminal history from the USCIS. You definitely should consult an immigration attorney because without one you mightl have substantial problems in obtaining permission to enter the US again.

Back in US!

Thanx for all your help. I got my clearance from washington and was summoned to the Ottawa embassy and given my visa. I drove back the same day and am a very relieved man. The ordeal took me two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back