Consumer Law, Warranties Gym moved, is contract still valid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmmystery

I signed a 6 month contract with an independent Gym. One day they moved with no notification, I showed up and it was gone. Other members informed of the new location. It is now located in an area so congested with traffic at the times I work out it is no longer an option for me to continue to work out there. Am I still bound by this contract that includes the original address of the gym where I signed up?

When you showed this contract to an attorney in your state, who could read the entire document and see exactly what language was used, what did he say?

I have not done that because it's not a huge amount of money at stake. It's a very basic one page contract with no verbiage addressing if the gym moves. It does state that if the member moves move than 35 miles from the gym they may cancel.

I suggest your cheapest solution is to complete the contract and find another gym. There does not appear to be anything in the contract supporting you cancelling.

I guess I was too subtle. I shall rephrase.

The exact wording in the contract matters. Since we have not read it, we do not know the terms under which it becomes void. Show it to an attorney in your state, who can review it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back