Guy threw a tennis ball at me at work. I'm suspended no pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosAngelesGuy

So we were arguing about a tech term and he got frustrated and threw a tennis ball at me. The tennis ball hit me in the chest. It startled me and I threw a toy back at him. Now I'm suspended with no pay and I don't know what is happening to him. I believe this is wrong since I was startled and didn't really know what was going on. Now I've lost 3 days of pay while they are doing an investigation. There were a lot of witnesses and I don't feel like this is fair. Does anyone have any insight on this? The toy I threw was like a slinky, called a verticle vortex. It didn't hit him and would probably be impossible to hurt someone with. The entire time I've been working there he has been shooting me with rubber bands etc, but I have not reported any of that so I don't think I can sue for herassment, but maybe assault?

Thanks in advance!

You might believe your suspension is unfair but it is not illegal. I think you both need to grow up - those aren't things you do at work.

So we were arguing about a tech term and he got frustrated and threw a tennis ball at me. The tennis ball hit me in the chest. It startled me and I threw a toy back at him. Now I'm suspended with no pay and I don't know what is happening to him. I believe this is wrong since I was startled and didn't really know what was going on. Now I've lost 3 days of pay while they are doing an investigation. There were a lot of witnesses and I don't feel like this is fair. Does anyone have any insight on this? The toy I threw was like a slinky, called a verticle vortex. It didn't hit him and would probably be impossible to hurt someone with. The entire time I've been working there he has been shooting me with rubber bands etc, but I have not reported any of that so I don't think I can sue for herassment, but maybe assault?

Thanks in advance!

You've lost three days pay, so be prepared to lose your job.
Don't expect the other party to suffer the same fate.
Seems as if he's liked more than you.
He hasn't lost any pay.
I suggest you start updating your resume.

There's nothing in either this post or the one "down the street" to suggest that nothing is happening to the other participant - only that the poster doesn't know. I think it's far more likely that they're both suspended. And I don't think there's anything at all unfair about it.

There's nothing in either this post or the one "down the street" to suggest that nothing is happening to the other participant - only that the poster doesn't know. I think it's far more likely that they're both suspended. And I don't think there's anything at all unfair about it.

I'll never understand why many people believe that by asking the same question twice, thrice, or even a dozen times to obtain the magic words they seek, even of they get the magic words would mean anything.

I suppose I'm just a dim wit. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back