Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Guilt by association predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornton1186

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good friend of mine was in a car with another one of his friends who was driving. the driver apparently had marijuana on his persons. The driver got pulled over for a brake light which was out.. while pulled over the driver threw his marijuana and pipe out of his pocket and onto the floor and in the backseat.. The officers smelled the marijuana odor when they approached the vehicle and deemed it necessary to search the car with drug dogs..apparently they found marijuana on the floor of the driver side and passenger side, a marijuana pipe which was found in the backseat tucked under the seat and lost but not least, a straw they found which was tested and contained cocaine residue.. the driver would not fess up for the drugs when they were found so all three people in the car were charged with posession of marijuana, paraphenalia, and a narcotics charge.. my friend who was in the passenger seat was unaware that the drugs were in the vehicle and no drugs of any kind were found on his persons when the search took place. Can they distribute all those charges among three people?? How do they distribute 3 charges for drug residue? Any legal advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Stop posting this multiple times! It will get answered when someone gets to it. This is a volunteer site. They don't always get back to you right away.

Grow up! You screwed up and were caught.

wow.. your an asshole. First off this is an actual freind of mine and he asked for my help. Secondly, try not being an asshole, you'll get farther. I can post as many id like thankyou very much

Hum, lets see... you posted "The officers SMELLED the marijuana ans decided to search the car!" Your "friend" obviously knew what he/she was doing in the car by the "smell"! Its only legal if you don't inhale as Bill Clinton would say! "If you lay with the dogs, you will get fleas" Tell your "friend" to make better choices of friends to associate with and he/she will not be guilty by association!

he gave me a photocopy of the police report..ive never really came across this kind of example.. im trying to gather info for him and for myself because i think its a bit messed up. I know this guy very well and the only thing he is guilty of is having poor judgement in friends. My friend does not use drugs though. I feel bad for him. I understand where your comin from also. thankyou for your insight. Sorry for all the postings.

He should hire a lawyer right away. If not, he could go down with the "friend". And, even if the "friend" confessed they could still charge every one in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back