Grounds of restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeRaven

last saturday i showed up to my boyfriend's sons basketball game at a community center. His soon-to-be ex-wife was there. She is extremely jealous that he already has another relationship. I said nothing too her. However, later in a text message from my phone i told her that I wasn't there to see him, i was there to "f*" with her. Ok, I know that was petty and low-class, but I didn't threaten her in any way. I was told today through a third party that she was at her lawyers office to get a restraining order. Does she have grounds?

Secondly, her lawyer was my lawyer in a child custody case about 6 years ago (unrelated). Is that a conflict of interest? Should I be finding another lawyer? I can't get his office to call me back.

Q: Does she have grounds?

A: Judges hand out those orders like candy. Expect one to be issued against you.

Q: Secondly, her lawyer was my lawyer in a child custody case about 6 years ago (unrelated). Is that a conflict of interest? Should I be finding another lawyer? I can't get his office to call me back.

A: The lawyer cannot represent you and really shouldn't be representing her in the harassment case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back