Grill lights on p71

M

Mac Daddi Cadi

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I just got a 2009 p71 Ford crown Vic and it was an ex cop car now mostly stripped but the grill have two LED lights in it(from previous owner,I believe) and I was wondering is those are illegal to have there and I found a dash mount light that I thought about putting on the dashboard. All lights are white and non strobing.ascontent.cdninstagram.com_t51.2885_15_s480x480_e35_16585265_4766ce971c89bfd50dabbfbf2ca42b50a.jpg

I just got a 2009 p71 Ford crown Vic and it was an ex cop car now mostly stripped but the grill have two LED lights in it(from previous owner,I believe) and I was wondering is those are illegal to have there and I found a dash mount light that I thought about putting on the dashboard. All lights are white and non strobing.

They are "fog lights" and they are legal:

Indiana Code Sec. 9-19-6-14. A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two (2) fog lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than twelve (12) inches and not more than thirty (30) inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. The fog lamps must be aimed so that when the vehicle is not loaded, none of the high-intensity part of the light to the left of the center of the vehicle will at a distance of twenty-five (25) feet ahead project higher than a level of four (4) inches below the level of the center of the lamp from which the light comes. Lighted fog lamps meeting these requirements may be used with lower head lamp beams as specified in section 20(2) of this chapter.

Make sure they are properly mounted and aimed and you are good to go.

Wouldn't mind having them on my car (2008 P71).

Attachments

• After 01.JPG
    After 01.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 1
i am from indiana and researched this for my son car. Various colors can't be used. Blue, Red, Green., NO strobing as highwayman pointed out. You can STILL get a ticket.... but so far my son has only gotten two warning tickets. Both because the officers didn't know the law. Both very nice as well when i contacted them. If... You strob them or use blue, red, green you will get into trouble.

Back