Criminal Law greencard application with withdrawn criminal case

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkumar2809

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'd like to consult with you about any problem i can face while applying green card after getting married with us citizen girl?
My fiance and I plan to marry soon. I'm on student visa status in toronto canada. she is a US citizen and we are planning on starting the application as soon as we marry.

in october 2007 in a big retail store I was trapped by security. i changed original price tag and replace with lower price tag and remove one sunglass price tag. and paid for it and exit from store. the security called the police and i convicted my offence.The police didnt arrest me but give me dates to appear in court and police station. i appeared same date. they took my fingerprints. In the court i convicted my offence and court withdrawn my case after i took in class course of 24 hours regarding not to do it again. then i applied for distruction of my fingerprints and after 1 year i got the confermation letter of distruction of my fingerprints.i have proof of my charge had been withdrawn. when i visited usa in may 2008 immigration officer asked me that have u ever been arrested. i show them letter of withdrawn case and they gave me permission to enter in the usa.I would like to know if this can negatively affect my green card application.

My police record of fingerprint had been removed.but I am fearing that it might affect my green-card application.

Please let me know what you suggest.

do i need to tell this all things to my fiancy? i want to keep it personally. because this was a first and last mistake of my life.

can you reply me with answer of my question
i am very thankful to you

thank you

nkumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back