Other Immigration Law Green card

Yinavalles

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hi everyone i was issue my green card in 2009 i was giving a ticket for theft under $50 for shoplifting in 2014 i hired an attorney and it was dismissed i was not arrested but my question is will i be able to renew my green card in 2019 or will i have a problem i am so scared now that its almost that tine to renew please help me thanks everyone

Hi everyone i was issue my green card in 2009 i was giving a ticket for theft under $50 for shoplifting in 2014 i hired an attorney and it was dismissed i was not arrested but my question is will i be able to renew my green card in 2019 or will i have a problem i am so scared now that its almost that tine to renew please help me thanks everyone

No one can hep you but your lawyer.

You're a guest in this country, and should behave yourself and obey its laws!!!!

Hire a lawyer, or contact you know who and ask them how to proceed:
www.uscis.gov

It depends upon what "dismissed" means. If it means that the case was actually dismissed then you were found not guilty and no crime took place. As such, that shouldn't be an issue. But if you are referring to the results of a deferred adjudication or deferred entry of judgment where you plead guilty or no contest but the entry of a judgment against you is delayed/deferred, you may have a problem based upon what I have read. If the actual case reflects the latter I would certainly recommend a proper legal consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

Back