Permanent Residency Green Card Sponsor Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool05

I am currently getting my green card sponsored by my company who I have been with for several years. The issue is that I still have a year or so to go before I will receive my green card, and it looks my company is going to move in a diffrent direction, one which I don't really want to be a part of. What I need to know is what my options are? Could I quit and get a new job and get the new company to take over the sponsorship? Do I have to wait until I receive the green card and then quit? I really want to stick it out and stay, but things seem to be changing for the worse rapidly, so I just want to see what options I may have if things get really bad.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Liverpool05 said:
I am currently getting my green card sponsored by my company who I have been with for several years. The issue is that I still have a year or so to go before I will receive my green card, and it looks my company is going to move in a diffrent direction, one which I don't really want to be a part of. What I need to know is what my options are? Could I quit and get a new job and get the new company to take over the sponsorship? Do I have to wait until I receive the green card and then quit? I really want to stick it out and stay, but things seem to be changing for the worse rapidly, so I just want to see what options I may have if things get really bad.
If you can get another company to sponsor you, great! I believe that there is a transfer of sponsorship form that must be filled out. This is due to the fact that your sponsorship is based upon your own labor certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back