Criminal Law green card signature fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

joane777

My jurisdiction is: CA, USA

Hello,

Could you please give me some sort of legal advice. I'm a Green Card holder, not a US citizen.
I won a green card lottery in 2004 and moved to US where I presently reside.
The problem is that when I submite an application for green card I did NOT sign it. My friend did it for me (US citizen). Now we broke up and he is threatening me that he will provide this information to USCIS.
Am I going to run into serious problem after he commits that action? Can my Green Card be revoked or something? What is my chances to win this case (I mean in court) if they will conduct legal signature analize / expertise?

Thank You very much in advance.
I appreciate you help.

Why did he sign it? I don't think it is any big deal. It was your green card and your friend signed it for you with your permission. At worst you correct your signature. I can't tell you for certain but it is probably a bluff. Do you really think the INS wants to waste time with this when there is no fraud at all? Then calling in your friend as a witness? You might want to laugh it off and tell him that he'll have more trouble trying to intentionally harm you and the INS obviously has a life to get real things done. You can use words like "intent to cause emotional distress" since that is what he is trying to do and is an actionable tort (lawsuit for injury.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back