Deportation, Re-entry Green Card Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

radhoo77

Hi We received our GC in NE in 2004 End of Year. And 2005 Mid of May we had to come to our home country as my husbands parents needed us because of medical conditions. Our GC is expirin in 2014 and we would like to renew it and get back to US. We did apply for reentry and my husband went for official reasons to US back in 2007 and was there shortly for 2-3 months.

Our son is a US citizen and we want him to study back in US and enjoy his rights.Do you foresee any rejection risks as I never had a chance to go back till now from 2004. Your suggestions will be of real help.

Hi We received our GC in NE in 2004 End of Year. And 2005 Mid of May we had to come to our home country as my husbands parents needed us because of medical conditions. Our GC is expirin in 2014 and we would like to renew it and get back to US. We did apply for reentry and my husband went for official reasons to US back in 2007 and was there shortly for 2-3 months.

Our son is a US citizen and we want him to study back in US and enjoy his rights.Do you foresee any rejection risks as I never had a chance to go back till now from 2004. Your suggestions will be of real help.

Why not inquire of the nearest US Embassy or consulate?

You will find your extended absence has led to a determination of abandonment. You need to make an embassy appt. and bring the following:

Form DS-117 Application to Determine Returning Resident Status;
Photo ID (such as a passport, driving license, etc.);
Evidence showing how they acquired U.S. legal permanent resident status (a copy of an immigrant visa, USCIS admission stamp, an adjustment of status approval notice, etc.);
Evidence showing the date when they last departed from the United States (e-tickets, boarding passes, etc.);
Evidence showing prior continuous residence in the United States (U.S. employment records, proof of children's enrollment in a U.S. school, past U.S. income tax returns, property ownership in the United States, etc.);
Evidence showing that they had a definite reason for a temporary travel abroad;
Evidence showing that the extended stay abroad was for reasons beyond their control;
Notarized English translations of all documents presented if the originals are in a language other than English;
A non-refundable application fee of 275 USD. This fee is payable at the time of the appointment to the Consular Section in U.S. dollars or the equivalent in Latvian currency, in cash or by credit card.

If you are denied. Your recourse is for your son to apply for you when he reaches adulthood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back