Permanent Residency Green card for half Mexican son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacey8584

I'm American married to a Mexican, his mother sent him here when he was only 13 she didn't get him a visa though. We have been together 3 years married a year and a half and share one child together and hes looking to adopt my oldest. I know immigration keeps changing their laws some people I know are able to get green cards for their husbands but I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars to get turned down. I don't know where to begin nor do I know if I have the money to begin. They are taking licenses away in IN now and making things harder and harder we have a legitamate marriage and love eachother and our children very much! What can I do?

Chances are if there is no legal proof that he entered here legally it would not be possible to get him a green card without first leaving the US. Immigration requires evidence of I-94 or similar verifiable info to regularize his stay here. You simply have to consult an immigration lawyer to look at the whole file, evidence and circumstances. I can't just tell based on this. There are many details which could affect the decision. Most lawyers would not charge you for your first visit. So go even talk to them and see even if you have no money now. It is very important, immigration laws would only get harder given the current climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back