Criminal Law Green Card criminal background check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy321

Hello,

I just got the finger print appointment for I 485 and I think I will get the final interview call with in 2 months but just two days before I got the finger print appointment I was sitting in bar and got drunk then ask by bouncer of bar to leave when I was ready to leave then bouncer ask me to sign the bill because I never drink all the drinks I denied to sign and only wanted to pay for the drink I had I ask the cops to help me getting my credit card and ID back cops told me either I have to sign or he will take me to Jail and denied to sign and I got locked up now I have trail in court regarding this matter(on 21June)And my finger print appointment is on 14 May .
Is anybody can please help me finding this answers.

1. What is the worst thing can happen in my case??

2. Once USCIS will find out after Finger printing are they gonna call me for final interview or not ??
3. USCIS will delay the case untill my case is open ??

I know It's not a major crime neither I have any criminal record in past

Please Help me with this answers !!!

Thank you in advance .

Last edited:
Hello, 1. What is the worst thing can happen in my case??

You might not get your Green Card.

You might get deported.

They might do nothing.

They might defer your process for a few weeks, months, etc...

Why not call and ask them these questions?

They'll know it all sooner or later!

2. Once USCIS will find out after Finger printing are they gonna call me for final interview or not ??

You betcha they'll call.
They'll want to know everything about your case.
They'll already know everything.
You should tell the truth.

3. USCIS will delay the case untill my case is open ??

It might, it might not.

Last question If I will go in hearing on 21 June and plea guilty with explaination and explain evrything to Judge do u think it will effect my case .This is not a felony crime anyway

Last question If I will go in hearing on 21 June and plea guilty with explaination and explain evrything to Judge do u think it will effect my case .This is not a felony crime anyway

It is never wise to plead to anything.

Under our system of law, the state must prove the case against you.

The penalty isn't any greater by pleading not guilty.

I would never plead to anything without the advice and assistance of legal counsel.

Pleading won't make this just go away.

Many people are anxious to dispose of criminal matters, thinking it'll make things better.

It rarely does.

The time to have used discretion was BEFORE you got yourself jammed up in this nightmare.

Now is the time to take things slow.

I'd only plead guilty if they offered me a deferred sentencing or a diversionary program for first time offenders.

Last edited:
Thank you brother I will fight for this just the matter of 1 more month and charges against me he can't prove anyway because I have not done any crime so I don't have to worries about anything the only concern I had was My Mom is very old and sick so I wanted to get it done and fly to see her but I'm gonna fight for this .Thanks for your advise :)

Ok Guys !!! This is what happen in court .
When I saw the judge and showed her that I paid the ( which I paid after 15-20 days of ofence) and I got the letter from Bar Manager stating that everything is taking care of and he have nothing against me then the Judge gave me "Adjournment in contemplation of dismissal" for 6 months now my Final interview call for green card is on next month

1. Are they gonna give me a green card ??
2. Or they will wait for next 6 months ??

I never ever had any criminal history and My case is very strong I came here on Skill worker based Visa and continuelsy paying tax from last 9 years ..

Good outcome, congratulations.

You'll just have to take your chances and see what happens. We have no ability to predict the future.

Why not call them and ask?

Or, wait and see what happens?

They might consider your sentence no big deal.

After six months the whole thing goes away if you stay out of trouble.

You might even want to get the hearing postponed for six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys .. I had my interview today for Green card today Immigration Lawyer was very nice and she was happy she ask me few questions like where I'm working and stuff (I saw the possitive attitude ) but becuz my AC'D she said she have to talk to her supervisor and She said this is the policy that she have to speak with him but I will recieve somthing in a mail shorlty .. and She wrote on my Passport that I485 case is pending and with her name and today's date . My lawyer is telling me that I will recieve a decsion in 10 days and also My attorney told me They will never reject my case So do u guys thing I will get the green card in mail or they will wait for 6 months untill my AC'D is finish ??

Who can say?

The times I've received "that" response are the times I've heard bad news.

I hope you hear good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back