Grant Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velvet1

I am so fustrated and I am not sure what to do, We just recently received checks from a "Grant Services"because we sold our home. My husband and I went to a local bank and opened up a bank account with them, everything was fine, we were able to get money out and take care of things. So two weeks goes by, there is a knock at that door, it was the police department with a search warrant, stating fraud. Well they go through the whole house, going through our computers not finding nothing, because we weren't the ones who sent the checks in the mail, The police take the rest of the checks, and the only copies we have for us to keep for recording keeping. Now we have no copies of any letters because they took them. I have tried to call the "Grant Services department" and no one now answers. The police said the checks are fraudulent, and the accounts do not exists, so know we are screwed out of our home and money and because of this my husband is now under arrest for cashing the stupid checks!! I am not sure what else to do, since I don't think the police is in the mood to listen. Please can some one point me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back