Grandmothers credit card debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesyngl

Recently My grandmother was diagnosed with alzheimers disease and sold her home and gave me the money to take care of her. I recently recieved a credit card bill she had close to 14k. I have retained power of attorney and was wandering if this cash can be collected by them or what the correct course of action should be.She has a total of $1600 of monthly income but nursing costs are eating most of that up. Any thoughts woud be greatly appreciated.

What are you trying to accomplish? If the money is part of your mother's estate then I don't see why the nursing costs would not enable the provider to be a primary creditor of the estate.

nesyngl said:
Recently My grandmother was diagnosed with alzheimers disease and sold her home and gave me the money to take care of her. I recently recieved a credit card bill she had close to 14k. I have retained power of attorney and was wandering if this cash can be collected by them or what the correct course of action should be.She has a total of $1600 of monthly income but nursing costs are eating most of that up. Any thoughts woud be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back