Granddaughters name change prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanityat326

My son died in 2011. We were raising my granddaughter until the time of his death. Her mother immediately the day he died, took her from school and had my name removed as a contact. There was no custody arrangement or guardianship arrangement before that. Her mother would visit with her 1 day a week before that. It has come to my knowledge that she took custody only because she knew my son had life insurance and would get social security. He fortunately left it to me. With instructions to do the right thing for my granddaughter. Which i have. She has done nothing but slander my son and myself with her selfish lies to cover her own guilt. In the past year she has managed to meet up with another dead beat fellow who doesnt want to work. This will be her 3rd one since my sons death. But, his family is financially secure. He proposed to her last summer. She accepted. Now it has been brought to my attention upon marriage, she wants to have my granddaughters name legally changed to his. I am outraged. I have helped her with everything. She has managed to cut anyone that my son knew out of her daughters life. She does not allow her to see anyone that was associated with him. My theory is she is afraid the boyfriends parents will find out the truth about her past. Only recently when meeting my granddaughters teacher I was informed she knew nothing about my son and myself raising my granddaughter for 4 yrs before he died. My question is can my granddaughters name be legally blocked from being changed. This is out of respect for my son. This little girl has been though so much. She is not very happy. is yelled at all the time. I dont get to talk to her unless her mother wants something. This is the final outrage....Please advise...Thank you.

Please accept my condolences upon the passing of your son.
Sorry, ma'am she's the child's mother. Any custodial orders your son may have had were extinguished upon his death.
You are free to consult a local attorney.
I suggest you grieve for your son, stay way from this evil woman, and seek the comfort and peace you deserve. There's nothing you can do. The rights granted to your son via the custodial proceedings were extinguished upon his tragic demise.

My son died in 2011. We were raising my granddaughter until the time of his death. Her mother immediately the day he died, took her from school and had my name removed as a contact. There was no custody arrangement or guardianship arrangement before that. Her mother would visit with her 1 day a week before that. It has come to my knowledge that she took custody only because she knew my son had life insurance and would get social security. He fortunately left it to me. With instructions to do the right thing for my granddaughter. Which i have. She has done nothing but slander my son and myself with her selfish lies to cover her own guilt. In the past year she has managed to meet up with another dead beat fellow who doesnt want to work. This will be her 3rd one since my sons death. But, his family is financially secure. He proposed to her last summer. She accepted. Now it has been brought to my attention upon marriage, she wants to have my granddaughters name legally changed to his. I am outraged. I have helped her with everything. She has managed to cut anyone that my son knew out of her daughters life. She does not allow her to see anyone that was associated with him. My theory is she is afraid the boyfriends parents will find out the truth about her past. Only recently when meeting my granddaughters teacher I was informed she knew nothing about my son and myself raising my granddaughter for 4 yrs before he died. My question is can my granddaughters name be legally blocked from being changed. This is out of respect for my son. This little girl has been though so much. She is not very happy. is yelled at all the time. I dont get to talk to her unless her mother wants something. This is the final outrage....Please advise...Thank you.

There is absolutely nothing you can do, I'm afraid. You don't have standing.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back