Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft grand/petit theft charges in 3 different counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildblume

Jurisdiction: Florida

Hello,

Im writing because I cant seem to find any help calling clerks offices, jails, state attorney offices or public defender offices..

My husband has commited 1 larceny petit theft and 2 grand thefts.. all of which occured in different counties. The last grand theft he commited was 2 days ago and he is now in prison on a $5000 bond. My problem is that set courtdates interfer with him being inprisoned. He has one coming up in 1 county on the 24th and the other 2 on the 26th.. the same time but both in different counties. I tried to contact a public defender from the county he is currently in jail at but they let me know that he wont have one until sometimes next week. One of the public defenders from one of the other counties told me she cant do anything because its not her jurisdiction. I called ALL of the clerk offices of all three counties. I was told they need some kind of official paper proving he is in jail and cant attend court hearings. When I called the clerks office of the county he is in jail at they told me there is nothing they can do or provide.. i m suppose to call jail to arrange transportation. Jail told me they dont do this kind of service unless they get an order from the clerks office...

I know this seems very confusing and I'm sorry. My husband commited all 3 offenses within the last three months and all this is new to me. I cant afford to hire a lawyer and no attorney is willing to work a criminal case pro bono..

How can I let people know that he has court dates coming up that he wont be able to attend.. Or maybe there is a way to have all three cases transfered to one court? ..

I'd truly appreciate any kind of clarification from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back