Criminal Trials, Hearings Grand Jury RI In Relation To house arrest

Jurisdiction
Rhode Island
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this,any help is going to do wonders for my anxiety

My name is Zachary,and I'm here because the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with a crime I did not commit,the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with 1st degree sexual assault, the "victim" in question is 17 and I am 20,now the reason I am here is because I have a grand jury date of July 2nd,andnnm not sure if I need to be there or not.but that aside I was reading from a paper from the judicial ri website where it says if there's a true bill I get formally charged,but yet I'm currently under house arrest and I'm curious is if the bill is true,do I go back to jail or do I remain under house arrest, I'd also like an opinion on something,if I can prove that they've lied on their statements (three people have made statements) and evidence of a disability (I have autism spectrum disorder) am I able to with a high percentage beat my case?

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this,any help is going to do wonders for my anxiety

My name is Zachary,and I'm here because the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with a crime I did not commit,the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with 1st degree sexual assault, the "victim" in question is 17 and I am 20,now the reason I am here is because I have a grand jury date of July 2nd,andnnm not sure if I need to be there or not.but that aside I was reading from a paper from the judicial ri website where it says if there's a true bill I get formally charged,but yet I'm currently under house arrest and I'm curious is if the bill is true,do I go back to jail or do I remain under house arrest, I'd also like an opinion on something,if I can prove that they've lied on their statements (three people have made statements) and evidence of a disability (I have autism spectrum disorder) am I able to with a high percentage beat my case?
Zachary...How many 20 year olds in your VERY SMALL state, with your name, do you think are under indictment for raping a 17 year old girl? I would guess you are the only one.

Something you obviously have considered is that police, DA's, Investigators from the Prosecutors...etc... office read these sites. What you post here can be used against you. I've seen it happen.

So...don't be stupid. Stop posting on line about your criminal case. Don't talk to your mother, father, granny, gramps, sisters, brothers, aunt, uncle, priest, best friend, the guy in the holding cell with you,dog, random person(s) on the T...Anyone who isn't your criminal defense attorney can be subpoenaed to testify against you. You are facing a long time in prison followed by parole and a membership in the sex offenders registry. Don't make their job convicting you easier than it may already be.

If your case is going to a Grand Jury you've already been charged just not indicted yet.

You need an attorney, not an Internet forum. This is hardly a do-it-yourself matter.

You are more than welcome, mate.

My name is Zachary,and I'm here because the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with a crime I did not commit,the state of Rhode island is attempting to charge me with 1st degree sexual assault, the "victim" in question is 17 and I am 20,now the reason I am here is because I have a grand jury date of July 2nd,andnnm not sure if I need to be there

Hmmm, as the TARGET of a grand jury proceeding you aren't required to attend the proceeding, buddy.

A grand jury is comprised of a large number of persons randomly selected from the community, normally 26, to review the prosecutions' evidence in a particular case.

The jurors meet with the prosecutor in SECRECY to listen to testimony and review evidence the prosecutor wants the grand jury to consider in the course of what is called a grand jury investigation.

There is no judge in the grand jury, only the jurors, prosecutor and witnesses.

Individuals who are the focus of the investigation are known as targets or suspects of the investigation are not present while the grand jury meets.

I'm currently under house arrest and I'm curious is if the bill is true,do I go back to jail or do I remain under house arrest,

If you ARE indicted on the NEW FELONY, you'll be arrested, booked, arraigned, and lodged in a county jail.

Whatever current charge caused you to be placed under home confinement will likely rear its head again, too.

You'll probably have a probation revocation hearing, and could even be sent to prison to serve out a term on your current charge.

As suggested by several posters, you desperately need a lawyer.

If you are indicted, plead NOT guilty, invoke your right to remain silent (translated = don't talk about the charge or try to explain).

,if I can prove that they've lied on their statements (three people have made statements) and evidence of a disability (I have autism spectrum disorder) am I able to with a high percentage beat my case?

Keep yer yapper shut, discuss the case ONLY with your lawyer, no one else!

Whatever disability you have didn't keep you from doing something NAUGHTY to another human being, so it won't matter one whit now!

SHUT yer yapper, and resist the urge to blab.

Why?

You'll only blab yourself into prison, not keep yourself out of prison!

Back