Got T-Boned, Police didn't file a police report

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAlvarez1031

Okay, my boyfriend got t-boned couple days go. He was turning left onto our street he didn't see nobody on the opposite end so he makes his turn then out of nowhere he tells me that an Audi crashes into him. My boyfriend as a Red Mustang by the way.(you can see if from miles away) We know that it wasn't his fault because he had his lights on and his blinker on as my mother was a witness. The other car didn't brake whatsoever. So, they called insurance and all that stuff. Then, the cop came asked what happened and just wrote a collison report. Well, after everything was settled the other guy's insurance called my boyfriend saying that the police didn't do any report so that automatically makes my boyfriend at fault. Now his insurance won't do nothing because the witness we had was related to him?!!

Now, my question is why didn't the cop do a police report because from the damages my boyfriend has on his car shows that the other people was going over 25mph in a residental area. He totally bent my boyfriend's suspension and other things. What should he do? He wasn't at fault! And if he saw the other car he would of course give him the right a way.

Please help. Thanks.

Okay, my boyfriend got t-boned couple days go. He was turning left onto our street he didn't see nobody on the opposite end so he makes his turn then out of nowhere he tells me that an Audi crashes into him. My boyfriend as a Red Mustang by the way.(you can see if from miles away) We know that it wasn't his fault because he had his lights on and his blinker on as my mother was a witness. The other car didn't brake whatsoever. So, they called insurance and all that stuff. Then, the cop came asked what happened and just wrote a collison report. Well, after everything was settled the other guy's insurance called my boyfriend saying that the police didn't do any report so that automatically makes my boyfriend at fault. Now his insurance won't do nothing because the witness we had was related to him?!!

Now, my question is why didn't the cop do a police report because from the damages my boyfriend has on his car shows that the other people was going over 25mph in a residental area. He totally bent my boyfriend's suspension and other things. What should he do? He wasn't at fault! And if he saw the other car he would of course give him the right a way.

Please help. Thanks.

I wouldn't be so quick to assign blame to the police officer.

Police have no reason to lie about small matters such as this.

The officer must have done something after he arrived on the scene.

There is more to this than you know.

After all, you weren't there.

So, was your mother in your boyfriend's car?

How could she have seen this if she wasn't in the car?

The officer should have given your BF an incident number or something.

Why not take the time to speak with the officer?

Something is missing in your story.

YOUR MOTHER is NOT related to your boyfriend.

What witnesses did the other person have?

Why did your boyfriend talk with the other person's insurance company?

How do you know it was the insurance company?

It is never wise to discuss any sensitive business over the telephone.

You never know who is on the other end.

Did your boyfriend receive any traffic citations?

Was your boyfriend's insurance current and paid?

Was his license in order?

Were his papers up to date and presented to the officer?

You need to interrogate your boyfriend thoroughly about this.

You might also contact a lawyer and see what legal remedies exist for your BF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back