Got sued by ex fiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungluvphuong

My fiance and I were about to get marriage on Feb next year. However we break up about 8 months ago, due to misunderstand and trust issues and jealousy from him.

When we are still together, he purchase lot of nice things for me including my engagement rings, I return him the rings. He also purchase the car for me which I am making the payment now he only put down the downpayment. He gave me all his information and allows me to call or make decision on purchase things using his credit card. I did make some purchase on his credit card and offer to pay him back when we are still together but he refuse to take the money.

Now since we break up, he tell his lawyer that I steal his identification and his credit card to purchase things without his knowlege and the lawyers have sued me and asking for $250000. I only make on his credit when we are still together about $15000.

I am in texas, and he in California. I can't attend the court date and don't know what I should di. I just lost my job, and closing all my bank account on the other hand even if he sued me he will go nothing. Since I don't own anything except for the car which I still make payment for another 4 yrs.

If I got the default judgement and cant' I file for bankruptcy??? Or what I need to do??

If you don't go to court, then a default judgment may be entered against you.

However, if you have no dough, then do you think they will come looking for you in Texas?

The money I make on his credit were the down payment for the car, the fridge and other things for the house. When we are together his name on the car and I have to get a new loans under my name for the car. I know the lawyers would came after me but my question is that If I didn't appear in court and got default judgement. Would I be able to file for bankruptcy and clear off the default judgement or is it still in my credit report .

Oh and you said they came after me who is they?? The police or the lawyers cause I don't the police came after me since he did put his name and my name on the same bank and all his credit. So that legal.

By they I meant your ex and his lawyers.

Thanks for advice, my ex and the lawyers would probably came after me. But could I be able to file for bankruptcy after the default judgement appear on my credit report . My ex would drop the case if I agree to go back with him, however I rather file for bankruptcy and have bad credit for a few years, and start to develop my credit back from track rather spend my life with him. It will be from hell.

You need to talk to a bankruptcy lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back