Got hit by a semi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon

On January 31st of 2005 i was hit by a semi truck with no trailer attached. I have only PL/PD on my vehicle, and i was not injured in the accident, to some extent. It looks like the other insurance company is claiming a 50/50 at fault, however my own insurance company says i have no fault in the accident. I am currently on medications to relax my nerves, and since then have been a wreck, loss of sleep, unable to write things down at work, loss of focus at work, etc. I was just going to ask for the market value of the truck, so i could by a new vehicle, but now i am seeing other problems arise, healthwise that are uncomfortable to my lifestyle. How much would be a reasonable settlement to ask for? What other options do i have for going after this insurance company?

This happened in CA and i was driving a 1997 Toyota Tacoma. The truck is trashed, the semi was in the left-hand side of the lane, and i pulled in onto his right side, so i could make a right turn. I couldn't poke my nose out far enough to see oncoming traffic, so i decided just to wait there till he pulled out, then i would pull out and go. He had no blinker on at all, and there was atleast a 15ft space between him and the curb. The truck was not carrying a trailer, cab only. He decides to go right inside and totall smashes into my truck and then drags us along side the road for a good 20 ft. When he pulls over, a PROSTITUTE, gets out of his truck. Now i say prostitute, because that is what that area of town is known for having/doing, and i was passing through it. She also fled the scene of the accident. My insurance company has statements from him saying that he was negligent in the fact he did not check his mirrors before making his right-hand turn. So does this sound like an open-shut case, or what? I have never filed a lawsuit or had any reason to ever hire a lawyer, so i am blank on this. Should i say screw the settlement and try to score some big cash, or should i just settle outside of the courts? Seriously, i am totally new to anything like this! Oh, the truck company, Gordon Trucking, is self-insured.

Brian

Any replies, please email to btaylor81@gmail.com :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back