Got fired from my job.

L

Lizeth Ramirez

Jurisdiction
Texas
I got fired for helping a co worker steal and stole myself. I know it was stupid but at the moment I was being wreck less and they caught me on camera and transactions. I confessed to it all and they said they weren't going to press charges and that is have to pay everything back. Of course I said okay, but after the confession and everything they told me I'd still get fined by this thing in Texas called "monetary civil penalty" I'm not sure what it is but it's scaring me deeply. Will this stay on my criminal record? And for how long?

I got fired for helping a co worker steal and stole myself. I know it was stupid but at the moment I was being wreck less and they caught me on camera and transactions. I confessed to it all and they said they weren't going to press charges and that is have to pay everything back. Of course I said okay, but after the confession and everything they told me I'd still get fined by this thing in Texas called "monetary civil penalty" I'm not sure what it is but it's scaring me deeply. Will this stay on my criminal record? And for how long?

You'll get a letter asking you to pay a couple hundred bucks, give or take.
You pay their tribute, they'll leave you be.
You have no criminal record.
Why?
The police weren't called, you weren't arrested, and you won't be charged.
You caught lightening in bottle, mate.
Pay the man, and don't look back.
If you don't have the all of the money, call them, they often allow you to make payments until it has been paid.

Good luck.

You'll get a letter asking you to pay a couple hundred bucks, give or take.
You pay their tribute, they'll leave you be.
You have no criminal record.
Why?
The police weren't called, you weren't arrested, and you won't be charged.
You caught lightening in bottle, mate.
Pay the man, and don't look back.
If you don't have the all of the money, call them, they often allow you to make payments until it has been paid.

Good luck.
They terminated me and one of the supervisor said "On ur name walgreens has you as theft. So hopefully they dont check your background" when I told her I'd have to find a new job. Will that show on any record I have? And I'm still unsure about the monetary civil penalty? In total the estimate was $500 but she over estimated it but since I was already in trouble I didn't want to push it and get charged.

They terminated me and one of the supervisor said "On ur name walgreens has you as theft. So hopefully they dont check your background" when I told her I'd have to find a new job. Will that show on any record I have? And I'm still unsure about the monetary civil penalty? In total the estimate was $500 but she over estimated it but since I was already in trouble I didn't want to push it and get charged.

Many other things will be affected by what you did, such as you NOT getting a recommendation when you apply for another job.

The civil demand letter mandates payment of a penalty to the retailer. The letter could be sent from the store, a law firm, or debt collector.

You could be asked for an amount starting at $200.00up to $400.00.

You'll have to wait and read your letter to know for sure.

The amount disregards the cost of the items taken, or the amount of goods stolen.

You should apply for unemployment, as some people do receive it.

That decision is up to the state of Texas.

I suggest you wait, as there is nothing more you can do at the moment.

The answers you seek will be made known you you, but you can't rush that.

I am a Retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. This will NOT show up on any typical criminal background check but if the store (you should not have named) belongs to a Retail theft database your name will appear there. If you want to avoid court or a criminal complaint filing pay the Civil Demand. The links below should give you more info on Civil Demand

A recent writing of mine - Parent Nook Forums

Civil Recovery

Back