Got an NOV for SBS operated by MTA, NYC Transit on B46 bus.

EveryoungRay

Jurisdiction
New York
I paid the fare in Queens and boarded SBS on Utica Ave subway bus stop. I had a valid transfer on my card, asked the driver where to sweep my card, he told me to move in. Later on another stop the MTA inspector asked me for receipt, I said I do not have receipt and the driver let me in. This was the first time I was boarding the SBS and did not knew the procedure for boarding this bus. He the inspector said that this thing is written all over the bus. He lied to me and ordered me to come out of the bus. He wrote me a ticket for no reason. To defend my case I asked him to sweep my card on the meter outside where he was standing, he said no, in the meanwhile the other bus arrived and he told me to board that bus and if anyone ask for ticket show them this yellow NOV. I went to the hearing officer and then to appeal, both said that it is not the part of driver to guide you where to get the receipt for this bus. I say that they owe me a ride and they are saying that I broke the law and I have to pay. Now the amount is reached to $150, if any one have good advice or good procedure to follow so that no innocent guys are mugged by these civilized muggers. Please only mature answer where I can be successful not only for me but should be an example for other riders and will never carry a bogus ticket NOV. Thanks for going through my request and hope to hear a positive response.

He wrote me a ticket for no reason

What was the reason that was put on the ticket?

If I understand correctly you actually were in violation but did not know you were in violation because you were unfamiliar with how the bus system works?

That argument won't save you. Im.not clear why you think you were wronged here. There may have been dons miscommunication, but it is your responsibility to obtain the appropriate tickets.

He was looking for paper proof, means I have to have a receipt before boarding the bus, and I was not given clear cut instruction where to get that receipt, thorough I asked the driver where to sweep my card and he told me to move in. I had a valid and live transfer from subway to the bus, neither the inspector gave me permission to swipe my card where the machine was present where he wrote the ticket. He told me get on this bus and if any one ask for receipt show them this yellow slip

Your transfer isn't valid valid unless you swipe your MetroCard in the SBS ticket machine on the street. Fares are never paid on board the bus.

You must have the receipt from the SBS machine when riding the bus - that is the ONLY acceptble proof of fare payment.

Your transfer isn't valid valid unless you swipe your MetroCard in the SBS ticket machine on the street. Fares are never paid on board the bus.

You must have the receipt from the SBS machine when riding the bus - that is the ONLY acceptble proof of fare payment.

KING of NY knows all things in and around The Big Apple, and the entire Empire State.

This person should be governor of NY.

He was looking for paper proof, means I have to have a receipt before boarding the bus, and I was not given clear cut instruction where to get that receipt, thorough I asked the driver where to sweep my card and he told me to move in. I had a valid and live transfer from subway to the bus, neither the inspector gave me permission to swipe my card where the machine was present where he wrote the ticket. He told me get on this bus and if any one ask for receipt show them this yellow slip

Back