Got a cease and desist letter from old friend

janadanz00

Jurisdiction
Kansas
*This whole situation will sound like high school drama, because it is! The only reason I am sharing is because my old friend is trying to get me in legal trouble*

The letter has basically said that I had committed a hate crime and Slander.

I had this old friend Kate (not real name), Kate and I were best friends and did everything together. One night while I was waiting outside of her house for her to sneak out I had found a rock, being the normal stupid teen i wrote "nigger" on her driveway with her rock about 9 inches long. I had wrote that word because Kate and I had seen this video where a lady says "hi nigger, how're you" and we both thought it was hilarious. The next night after she invited me to go skating she tells me that her sister found the writing and her parents called the cops and filed a report, I was shocked because honestly I forgot about it and her whole family is caucasian. She said her parents only filled a report on it and I wouldn't get in trouble. I then apologized for being so stupid and left it at that.

About a month later I thought all was back to normal, until one night she and one of our mutual friends ditched me and went to a haunted house. One thing I forgot about was one time I had asked Kate to log into my Instagram really quick and check a message, I said to her to bot log in again and she said she had already forgot about it. Back to the haunted house Kate decided to log back into my account 2 months after she said she already forgot the password and went through all my messages, they then saw messages between this guy and I that made them mad. After seeing the messages she decided to delete my Instagram and My Snapchat (both had the same password because I was stupid). I got my Snapchat back but I didn't have the same luck with my Instagram, I ended up losing 6 years worth of messages between old friends and I and even one of my friends who had recently passed away. I was so upset because of all the lost conversations. After that Kate blocked me on everything.

After all of that I was talking to this guy I liked and he was asking if I wanted to "down to fuck" because Kate had told him so. He then send me screenshots of her saying "she would so send you nudes" and "she wants to suck your dick" all untrue. She had told these things to many people and I have proof.

My questions are:
Can Kate actually get me in legal trouble for the whole driveway incident?
Was it illegal for her to go through my private messages and delete my accounts?
Was her telling thoes untrue things to people illegal?
What should I do?

I suggest you cease any and all contact, communication, involvement with "Kate".

I also suggest you resist the temptation to ever use the "N" again.
Why?
Some people get KILLED for using that horrible word.

BTW, I don't giggle, guffaw, or snicker when I see or hear the "N".
I'm appalled, aghast, and flabbergasted whenever I hear that word.
I've severed business and social ties when my relatives or associates used that disgusting, hurtful word.

You're free to do whatever you please.
Good luck.

My advice is to grow up and act like an adult after you resolve to forget about "Kate".

Leave Snapchat and the like to the 16 year olds.

*This whole situation will sound like high school drama, because it is! The only reason I am sharing is because my old friend is trying to get me in legal trouble*

The letter has basically said that I had committed a hate crime and Slander.

I had this old friend Kate (not real name), Kate and I were best friends and did everything together. One night while I was waiting outside of her house for her to sneak out I had found a rock, being the normal stupid teen i wrote "nigger" on her driveway with her rock about 9 inches long. I had wrote that word because Kate and I had seen this video where a lady says "hi nigger, how're you" and we both thought it was hilarious. The next night after she invited me to go skating she tells me that her sister found the writing and her parents called the cops and filed a report, I was shocked because honestly I forgot about it and her whole family is caucasian. She said her parents only filled a report on it and I wouldn't get in trouble. I then apologized for being so stupid and left it at that.

About a month later I thought all was back to normal, until one night she and one of our mutual friends ditched me and went to a haunted house. One thing I forgot about was one time I had asked Kate to log into my Instagram really quick and check a message, I said to her to bot log in again and she said she had already forgot about it. Back to the haunted house Kate decided to log back into my account 2 months after she said she already forgot the password and went through all my messages, they then saw messages between this guy and I that made them mad. After seeing the messages she decided to delete my Instagram and My Snapchat (both had the same password because I was stupid). I got my Snapchat back but I didn't have the same luck with my Instagram, I ended up losing 6 years worth of messages between old friends and I and even one of my friends who had recently passed away. I was so upset because of all the lost conversations. After that Kate blocked me on everything.

After all of that I was talking to this guy I liked and he was asking if I wanted to "down to fuck" because Kate had told him so. He then send me screenshots of her saying "she would so send you nudes" and "she wants to suck your dick" all untrue. She had told these things to many people and I have proof.

My questions are:
Can Kate actually get me in legal trouble for the whole driveway incident?
Was it illegal for her to go through my private messages and delete my accounts?
Was her telling thoes untrue things to people illegal?
What should I do?

How old are you? You sound like a teenager. If you're not a teenager you all need to grow up.

Stop giving people your passwords.

Stop using racist, derogatory words. As stated, that shit will get you killed or hurt.

Stay away from "Kate" she's not a friend.

Yes they can file a report against you with the police about the driveway.

It's possible she broke some law with your accounts but not sure what Kansas law is. She did have your password. But she used it without permission the second time.

Her sending those messages is not illegal. It's bitchy. That's it.

As stated follow advice and just stop being stupid and stay away from that person.

As stated stay away from Kate! Her misuse of your accounts may not be actionable since you did give her access even though it was a one time thing. Your best option is NOT a legal one its to just move on

Back