Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication giving drugs to a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quuen

I spoke with a friend (she's 21) and she told me that she had smoked marijuana with her 14 year old niece at her house. Her niece took 1 or 2 buffs. I was concerned by this situation and spoke with her niece and had her niece tell her mother about what happened. When I spoke to my friends sister in law, she was threathening to call the police. I tried to discourage her because this is not what I had in mind when having her daughter tell her about the situation. We live in New York and my friend has no record. If her sister in law does call the police what could she possibly face?

Possession of a controlled substance, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, for starters? One would have to think about what kind of parent would provide a 14 year old with marijuana and, if the parent can't understand what a lapse of judgment that is, perhaps an act as stated will still save the child. It's unfortunately one or the other and the adult should know better.

I honestly dont know what was going thru my friends mind when she decided this was something okay to do. It scares me to think she is acting so recklessly with not only her own life but that of her 14 year olds niece. Her brother has been banned from seeing her nieces or nephews for a long time. I hope this makes her realize and understand her ill chosen actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back