Giving an affidavit of assets to Ins co.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellstar18

I was in a car accident 2 yrs ago in Clearwater FL In Pinellas County. I got the ticket even though I felt it was wrong. I turned left at a stop sign but I stopped at stop sign first. I got the ticket cause I turned left, regardless to that legally I got the ticket. Everyone was fine and it was very minor. The woman was fine at the time of accident. Well, she decided to take legal action and claimed she was hurt. She has been going to dr's appts for 2 yrs racking up $10,000 in Dr's fees. She wants the money and before My insurace company (Infiniti Ins) cuts her a check they want an affidavit showing all of my assets and income!! I don't know what to do it!! I am a single Mom who is head of houshold, I have no assets and barely much money. Why do they want that info? Do I give it to them? I can't afford a lawyer!! I don't trust my Ins company even though they are supposed to be there to protect me!! I am so scared that they are going to try to sue me for more and try and garnish my wages. I have been told that that sometimes happens. I was also told a couple of years ago that I can't have my wages garnished because I am a single Mom head of houshold, is that true?? Please help! Thank you for taking the time and reading this. Sincerely, Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back