Given 6 week disqualification for unemployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estone3912

My husband recently came home from a 1 year tour in Korea, he then had a PCS from Texas to Oklahoma. I had the same job for 11 years, I pay my taxes, etc etc. The TWC specifically states if you move with your spouse who has a PCS the disqualification does not apply. I did the appeal today and it really didn't sound good, even though my prior employer said nothing but good things and they are not trying to deny it. If they deny after the appeal, what action do I need to take? I am actively seeking employment, as I do not want to sit home, I'm not a lazy lush that wants to sit around and get a paycheck, but I do have bills. I've done everything I have been asked to do and seem to be getting no where.

My husband recently came home from a 1 year tour in Korea, he then had a PCS from Texas to Oklahoma. I had the same job for 11 years, I pay my taxes, etc etc. The TWC specifically states if you move with your spouse who has a PCS the disqualification does not apply. I did the appeal today and it really didn't sound good, even though my prior employer said nothing but good things and they are not trying to deny it. If they deny after the appeal, what action do I need to take? I am actively seeking employment, as I do not want to sit home, I'm not a lazy lush that wants to sit around and get a paycheck, but I do have bills. I've done everything I have been asked to do and seem to be getting no where.

Go to the TWFC website.

The appeals process is explained very thoroughly and completely on their website.

Your denial letter also explained your appeals process.

Read it carefully, and contact the TWFC with any additional questions.

The key to most things in life, is reading everything before doing anything.

Yep, I have read it over and over with a fine tooth comb! They are clearly wrong, I am a fairly intelligent person and when I talk to them and tell to look and such and such section and state senate bill # which explains it, they don't even have a clue. Its like I'm telling them what the rules are. Very frustrating.

Yep, I have read it over and over with a fine tooth comb! They are clearly wrong, I am a fairly intelligent person and when I talk to them and tell to look and such and such section and state senate bill # which explains it, they don't even have a clue. Its like I'm telling them what the rules are. Very frustrating.

Play the game.
Their function is to deny and disqualify.
Ultimately, if they still disqualify you for six weeks, your only remedy is in court.
I don't think any Texas court will give you the relief you seek.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back