give up parental rights in Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

afsovet

I've been paying child support for quite some time now. I've been paying the obligation on my own like clock work. I would physically go to the county courthouse once a week and hand them a check for the amount I owe. There are arrears that I must pay which I am doing. Just recently, my employer was ordered to garnish my wages for more than what I have been paying - no problem. It's a little more than I'm used to but it doesn't hurt too much financially. One of the problems I'm having is that my credit report says that I was late by 30 days twice! How can that be??? I requested a payment history from the courthouse and they gave me one - NOTORIZED - stating that I have been paying on time - never late. And since my employer is now garnishing my wages, it should NEVER be late. What to do... Anyways, to the point. My daughter and her mother moved from CA to CO back in August, 2004. I live in WY so it would be quite a bit easier seeing my daughter on the weekends. Denver is only a 6-7 drive from where I live. She said that she would contact me as soon as she and her husband settle into their new place. I haven't heard from her since she said that she was moving. I don't have a phone number, address, etc anymore. I mailed a letter to her old address hoping that it would get forwarded but I still haven't heard anything. I haven't seen my daughter is over 4 years yet I was still paying child support. Now there's no telling where she is. My question is; am I able to waive my perental rights and get out of paying support? I have no clue to where my daughter is even paying on time is still hurting my credit history. I've contacted the child support people in my town and in CA. They haven't done anything about it and it's been over 3 months. I've tried to dispute the negative marks with all 3 credit bureau's but to no avail. I don't know what else to do. I now have my own family that I need to worry about. What to do, what to do...HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back