Give me my$ back

Cherrise c

Jurisdiction
Texas
Put a down payment on vehicle and took home on a bailment while gathering documents for loan. FIN.MGR.told me I was approved. Brought back on Monday (in accordance with bailment)for them to repair. Picked up truck on Wednesday, still needed more documents. They have me tillMonday , I told them car was still having same problems (they attempted to fix but just band-aided problem.) I told them I'm not signing until car fixed. He then told me to bring in by 8pm Saturday I must sign papers, once again I said mutt until car fixed. Car lot fm said he just canceling contract I nd to bring car back. I said ok have my dp ready, he said no it was non refundable, I have not signed any papers (except arbitration agreement)not did they tell me it non refundable.. Then he said after he sends wrecker to repo it, I'll owe for that too. I told him I'll bring back vehicle when he gives my dp back, he said he would report stolen, i broke my bailment contract, which I did not, I returned truck as directed on the day specified. They tried to fix truck and have it back to me, a second bailment was never made. I have hidden vehicle, until I get help, this took place yesterday. HELP

Hiding the vehicle is a bad idea and could get you a prison term for Grand Theft Auto..

You have remedies through civil courts. If you don't want to hire a lawyer to can go to small claims court without one.

Give the truck back.

How can he bully into signing and most people that commit grand theft auto don't take out fUll coverage insurance before they leave dealership

Is the title to the vehicle in your name?

If not, then you have stolen the vehicle once you are no longer entitled to keep it.

Insurance has nothing to do with it.

How can he bully into signing and most people that commit grand theft auto don't take out fUll coverage insurance before they leave dealership

In your predicament, none of that matters.
Refusing to return the vehicle, subsequently secreting the vehicle, are actions that constitute theft.
Don't make a bad situation worse, give them their crappy truck.
Then, sue them in small claims for failure to return your deposit.
You didn't breach the purchase contract, they did.

Even if you fail in small claims, you won't end up ruining your name and spending time in some filthy, rat infested, roach infested prison; full of thugs, rapists, killers, pedophiles, armed robbers, drug addicts, drug dealers, and ne'er do wells!!!!

Whether or not it is considered stolen will depend on the wording of your state statutes. I don't believe this would qualify at this point since it seems they are still trying to get you to sign documents, although hiding the vehicle is definitely a very bad idea.
Either sign the documents and get your payments current, or return the vehicle.
If they refuse to return your deposit then you can seek a remedy in court.
Normally when a vehicle is returned in this manner the buyer is still responsible for a prorated amount for the time the vehicle was in possession. Your deposit may not cover that. Any dispute of contracts is resolved in court if you can't resolve it yourselves. The longer you hold the vehicle and don't pay for it the worse it will be for you in the end.

Back