Girlfriend mistyped her VIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakepatience458

My girlfriend recently acquired a new car. By Georgia law she has 7 days to go get a new tag but she got pulled over by a police officer checking why she had expired ones. What she didn't know is that when she filed her insurance she put the wrong VIN in and now has a ticket for expired tag, a ticket for no insurance, AND they towed her car. I'm trying to find ANY information on what she should do. Because she has no money to pay for any of it.

If she gets these things corrected she should be able to have the citation dismissed without any fines.
The tow of the vehicle seems a bit harsh. She can take that up with the police agency if she wants. A simple typo should not result in all that.

My girlfriend recently acquired a new car. By Georgia law she has 7 days to go get a new tag but she got pulled over by a police officer checking why she had expired ones. What she didn't know is that when she filed her insurance she put the wrong VIN in and now has a ticket for expired tag, a ticket for no insurance, AND they towed her car. I'm trying to find ANY information on what she should do. Because she has no money to pay for any of it.

Things might get worse, if the prosecutor discovers the VIN number want a transposition.
It might be time to lawyer up, if it wasn't a mistake.
These days those mistakes are are to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back