Ghost driver

TxBirdy22

Jurisdiction
Texas
My sisters car was stolen from her driveway. The police blamed her boyfriend and issued him tickets because they found her car that was wrecked. They started him for failure to control speed and leave information on an in adamant object and also for not wearing a seatbelt and for not having a valid license it might have been him. My sisters boyfriend is not even in town, and he was not driver and he could not have been the driver. How can they issue tickets and find him guilty when he really wasn't the driver, and when the officer even stated that he was going off of a gut feeling?????? Insurance fraud because he was found guilty on these tickets. Your help is very much appreciated thank you......

If he is not guilty he can defend against the citation in court.

It is not at all uncommon for people to report their vehicle stolen after crashing it, or to leave town to make it look like they were nowhere near it when it happened.

The officer probably had good reason to issue the citation, but the citation is not what anyone needs to worry about. The court's ruling on the citation after testimony and evidence are presented is what matters.

How can they issue tickets and find him guilty when he really wasn't the driver, and when the officer even stated that he was going off of a gut feeling?

I don't understand these questions. How can the officer write a ticket? By opening up his ticket book and pulling out a pen and writing. The second part of this doesn't make any sense. Has there been a trial at which the boyfriend was found guilty?

Insurance fraud because he was found guilty on these tickets.

Huh?

If it's not too late, the boyfriend can contest the tickets and provide evidence that he was out of town at the time of the incident and, therefore, couldn't possibly have been the driver.

I don't understand these questions. How can the officer write a ticket? By opening up his ticket book and pulling out a pen and writing. The second part of this doesn't make any sense. Has there been a trial at which the boyfriend was found guilty?

Huh?

If it's not too late, the boyfriend can contest the tickets and provide evidence that he was out of town at the time of the incident and, therefore, couldn't possibly have been the driver.
Thank you for that... I do appreciate not being talked to like im an idiot. Yes he was out of town. I didnt exactly explain things correctly on my post and i thank you. As far as the others are concerned...... People come here looking for help and may not be as eloquent with their grammer as others. No need to talk down to them as if they were idiots. Again.... Thank you for your time.

Back