Getting Nowhere Fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abkatz74

My roomate and I have been renting this house for 1 YEAR and have had no help w/ the mutitude of things that are wrong here. We have asked the landlord time and time agian to fix-the windows, the outlets that havent worked since weve moved in, Front locks we cant lock because the house has shifted, a front gate we couldnt get in and out of when the weather is bad. ETC...He comes on to the property w/o consent and says he owns it and cant do as he pleases.We have a shared yard w/ a day school and are suppost to have 2 parking spaces on the yard and since we have lived here we can not acsess them due to wild children running every where(but we still have to pay for them). He has gotten in our faces yelling and threating my roomate which is a women. I used to clean his home for him so I know he uses drugs, like cocaine, marijuana and drinks excessivly.Currently he has slandered my name saying NASTY things in a public store where I know people. He has made statements of how buxom my 17 year old niece looks.He is related to the people who own the school and allows them to use or wash room (we tell them no), the children from the school wind up in our yard because there is no supervision.I know for a fact that they are on the same insurance, and cant they be dropped if i call and tell them of the drug use? See, the property is like a small compound with three diffrent homes/school. He also has four guns in his home. His behavior is unpredictable. We have called housing rights but keep getting the run around.WE NEED HELP AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.This is not even all of it.

Are you joking. Of course we have, its taken us this long to save for a first and last. We live pay check to pay check. My question to you is can we take any kind of legal action and break our lease without any penilty. I cant believe thats the advise you gave us!

No are you? Depending on the state you can fix the items yourself and deduct amount from rent providing its reasonable and you have given landlord enough time to do so himself. Whether the repairs reach the level of breach I cant say. take your lease and pictures to an Attorney who can help decide if a breach has occurred. The drug use etc are not breach its just you being mad looking for out. I agree its bad but I suspect it wasnt surprising to you either. Once more take pictures, lease and all related info to an Attorney and see if there has been a breach. When does lease expire? If but a few months maybe it best to just plan to leave. The squeeky whell gets the grease so anothe call th housing wont hurt if not results ask for a supervisor. Housing (like many county/state agencies) is understaffed and overwhelmed and does not work at pace you will like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back