getting my name off of a home loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello,

I am newly divorced and my ex kept the house in the divorce. This was something we both agreed upon and as part of the divorce we wrote up in our divorce decree that he would get the house and he bought me out. He got the house, I got a cash buy out. My question is, he has been unemployed for over a year and will not qualify to refinance without me. I want to get my name off of the loan because as long as it is on there, I can't buy my own house. What are my options if any?

Hello,

I am newly divorced and my ex kept the house in the divorce. This was something we both agreed upon and as part of the divorce we wrote up in our divorce decree that he would get the house and he bought me out. He got the house, I got a cash buy out. My question is, he has been unemployed for over a year and will not qualify to refinance without me. I want to get my name off of the loan because as long as it is on there, I can't buy my own house. What are my options if any?

You can "quit claim" the deed and remove yourself.

Better that you consider a grant deed or warranty deed, but do your research.

http://quitclaim.com/

Then, I suggest you hire a lawyer to do it.

You can do it yourself, but if you want to make sure you chose the best option, hire a professional to make sure its done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back