Getting back to work

joshpablo

Jurisdiction
California
If I am on workers comp and have an interview for a job, how would i go about that? Ive talked to an adjuster about wanting to go back to work. I am trying to go from warehouse to clerical. Any advice?

If you get a job, you need to notify whoever is paying your WC benefits.

As long as I let them know I will be okay right? Its a non strenuous job. All I have to do is inform them right? And it wont be considered fraud?

As long as I let them know I will be okay right? Its a non strenuous job. All I have to do is inform them right? And it wont be considered fraud?

If you think you'll receive WC and a paycheck, you're wrong.
No one can tell you that your little plan isn't fraudulent, except the WC people. I suggest you call them and ask. If you proceed without doing so, you'll regret it.

Just so you know, getting off WC can be a poor choice.
Why?
If you have a recurring problem in six months, two years, or even 10 years; WC isn't going to help you. So, make sure your physicians get you to understand if your condition could reoccur in the future. Relapses do happen, protect your body and your health. Social security disability might be available to you, but most people can't subsist on that alone, especially if they have a spouse and children.

Good luck and good health.

I don't get the dilemma here.

You're out of work due to work-related injury...collect your WC.

You're back to work (whatever that may be!)...inform WC division and collect your paycheck.

Blending the two smells like fraud to me. You don't want to be involved with that and the possibilities of huge fines and/or imprisonment. The courts don't take fraud against public assistance programs lightly.

As long as you let the carrier know, it is not fraud. You may or may not be eligible for partial benefits if the new job pays substantially less and you are only able to work the new job because of your injuries.

Back