Getting a Plea withdrawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix

I am in Wisconsin...

I am writing you with questions about a friend of mine that just got sentenced March 13th, 2007. He plead guilty with a plea bargain that had a 3yr cap and then was sentenced to 3+ times that the plea was for.

Can the sentence be appealed?

Can the original plea bargain be withdrawn?

What can be done to at the very least reduce the 10 year sentence that was given to him, and the some of the stipulations lifted?

The Judge was also very rude/cranky the day of sentencing, we are awaiting the transcripts from the day of sentencing, which should be done next week. I have researched the judge and his past sentences for the same crimes and they are DRASTICALLY less than what he gave my friend, for far worse charges. I have also researched filing a complaint with the Judicial committee about his actions and behavior. The judge might as well called my friend 'nigger' (and he is white, just wears a black dress leather trench coat and black for the most part) for the way he was talking about him in the court room the day of sentencing using it as part of his reasoning for his sentence. Which I KNOW is a violation of his civil rights.

He was charged, plead, and sentenced in Wood county.

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back