Get Divorce ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tashamoore

HI, I'm in the military and I've been married for about 7 months. I was married in NYC and I'm wondering with I can do to get a divorce ASAP. What process do I need to do and what is needed. Can I get an annulment? My husband and I got married for the wrong reasons and we just want to end it now. Please help someone.

Do we have to be married for a year and then file separation? Or can we file for separation now?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You can file for separation at any time and no you can't get an annulment. You have legal resources on base, especially if it is not contested or you have an upcoming deployment. hang around for a bit and Armyjudge will show up and adjudicate your case!

HI, I'm in the military and I've been married for about 7 months. I was married in NYC and I'm wondering with I can do to get a divorce ASAP. What process do I need to do and what is needed. Can I get an annulment? My husband and I got married for the wrong reasons and we just want to end it now. Please help someone.

Do we have to be married for a year and then file separation? Or can we file for separation now?

Thanks for your help in advance.

New York is a difficult state in which to get divorced.

If either (or both of you) are from another state, you might be able to get a quicker divorce in one of those states.

Guam is also an easy, no fault, LEGAL divorce option!
Residency is NOT required.

http://www.guamdivorce.us/

Nevada is another option, with a residency requirement.
All you have to do is rent a room for six weeks.
You don't have to stay there the entire time.
RESIDENCY: 6 weeks
PROCEDURES: Simplified Summary of divorce if:
# resident for 6 weeks
# spouses are incompatible OR have lived apart for 1 year without cohabitation
# no minor children and wife is not pregnant OR the spouses have a written agreement regarding child custody and support
# both spouses waive their right to spousal support
# both waive their right to a notice of entry of the final decree; to appeal; a new trial.

http://www.nevadadivorce.net/

MASSACHUSETTS (another option, if you say the event that prompted the divorce happened in MA)

RESIDENCY: no residency requirement if the grounds for divorce occurred in the state. Otherwise 1 year.
PROCEDURES: No fault granted upon affidavit and both spouses jointing in petition for divorce.

WASHINGTON state is another GOOD & QUICK option.
RESIDENCY: filing spouse simply must be a resident PROCEDURES: a 90 day waiting period is required after filing and service of summons before a divorce will be granted.

Here are a couple of websites that talk you through do it yourself divorce in NY.

It isn't hard, and it isn't that expensive.

JAG will also give you limited free advice about NY divorce laws.

They won't do your divorce for you, but they'll steer you in the right direction.

How do you start an action for divorce or separation in New York?
An action for divorce, separation or annulment is started by filing a Summons or Summons and Complaint in the Supreme Court of the State of New York. Thereafter, the Summons must be served personally on your spouse and an affidavit of personal service must be filed in court within 120 days after the Summons is served.

Grounds for Filing: The Complaint for Divorce must declare the appropriate New York grounds upon which the divorce is being sought. The appropriate lawful ground will be that which the parties agree upon and can substantiate, or that which the filing spouse desires to prove to the court. The divorce grounds are as follows:

Action for divorce. An action for divorce may be maintained by a husband or wife to procure a judgment divorcing the parties and dissolving the marriage on any of the following grounds:

(1) The cruel and inhuman treatment of the plaintiff by the defendant such that the conduct of the defendant so endangers the physical or mental well being of the plaintiff as renders it unsafe or improper for the plaintiff to cohabit with the defendant.

(2) The abandonment of the plaintiff by the defendant for a period of one or more years.

(3) The confinement of the defendant in prison for a period of three or more consecutive years after the marriage of plaintiff and defendant.

(4) The commission of an act of adultery, provided that adultery for the purposes of Articles Ten, Eleven, and Eleven-A of this Chapter, is hereby defined as the commission of an act of sexual intercourse, oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct, voluntarily performed by the defendant, with a person other than the plaintiff after the marriage of plaintiff and defendant. Oral sexual conduct and anal sexual conduct include, but are not limited to, sexual conduct as defined in Subdivision Two of Section 130.00 and Subdivision Three of Section 130.20 of the penal law.

(5) The husband and wife have lived apart pursuant to a decree or judgment of separation for a period of one or more years after the granting of such decree or judgment, and satisfactory proof has been submitted by the plaintiff that he or she has substantially performed all the terms and conditions of such decree or judgment.

(6) The husband and wife have lived separate and apart pursuant to a written agreement of separation, subscribed by the parties thereto and acknowledged or proved in the form required to entitle a deed to be recorded, for a period of one or more years after the execution of such agreement and satisfactory proof has been submitted by the plaintiff that he or she has substantially performed all the terms and conditions of such agreement. Such agreement shall be filed in the office of the clerk of the county wherein either party resides. In lieu of filing such agreement, either party to such agreement may file a memorandum of such agreement, which memorandum shall be similarly subscribed and acknowledged or proved as was the agreement of separation and shall contain the following information: (a) The names and addresses of each of the parties, (b) The date of marriage of the parties, (c) The date of the agreement of separation and (d) The date of this subscription and acknowledgment or proof of such agreement of separation. (Consolidated Laws of New York - Domestic Relations Laws - Volume 8 - Sections: 170 and Article 10, Section 170, and Article 13, Section 230)

Good luck!

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/newyork.shtml

http://www.nysdivorcelawyer.net/faq.htm

http://www.divorceinteractive.com/new_york.asp

http://divorceselfhelp.com/states/ny/nyintrod.htm

Last edited:
Hey

iF YOU BOTH AGREE GO TO THE LIBRARY AND GET THE PAPERS FOR DIVORCE ABOUT 5 PAPERS AND SIGN IT FOR A YEAR U HAVE BEEN APART AND PUT IT IN YOUR COURT AND IT IS FINAL

iF YOU BOTH AGREE GO TO THE LIBRARY AND GET THE PAPERS FOR DIVORCE ABOUT 5 PAPERS AND SIGN IT FOR A YEAR U HAVE BEEN APART AND PUT IT IN YOUR COURT AND IT IS FINAL

(Psst..typing in all caps is considered yelling at us and...you also resurrected a dead thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back