Germany Child support

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi I am not sure if anyone can help me out here. I have one child with a German husband, we are separated. Married in Germany. His earning are 15,000 euro a month. How much child support am i entitle under German law?
Thank you for your advise.

Most here probably only know United States law but I am assuming that the laws in Germany concerning family law and child support are similar. Child support payment amounts are based upon many factors as to what constitutes "fairness" between the parties. There are probably more factors that are needed in order to compute the amount of child support that you might be due, including what you currently earn, the property you may own, etc. From my own search, it would seem that you might be able to compute the amount using the Dusseldorfer Tabelle. You'll need to either read German or use Google Translate. :) This article should lead you to where the tabelle is published including the relevant information. Supposedly this is the link directly to the Dusseldorfer Tabelle PDF but I can't verify that the site is the official site (although many links seem to point to it.) Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back