Garnishment

Wage garnishment depends on many factors.
If you owe less than $10,000 it is more likely the IRS will try to get you pin a monthly payment plan and hold any tax refunds until the debt is paid.
If you aren't making any payments at all you invite the possibility of garnishment and other actions.

If I owe back taxes and I won is civil suit and filled out a W9 will the IRS garnish my wages

The IRS can attach your wages, or any other monetary assets you possess.

Only the IRS can determine what action they'll take against you.

If I owe back taxes and fill out a W9 form with the IRS garnish my wages

The IRS might garnish your "wages," but it won't be because you fill out a W9 form. For starters, why would the IRS even know you had filled out the form? What do you intend to do with it when you fill it out? Moreover, the IRS doesn't simply garnish wages out of the blue. There are a lot of things that happen first. Other than knowing or believing you owe back taxes, do you have any reason to believe a garnishment might be imminent?

The IRS might garnish your "wages," but it won't be because you fill out a W9 form. For starters, why would the IRS even know you had filled out the form? What do you intend to do with it when you fill it out? Moreover, the IRS doesn't simply garnish wages out of the blue. There are a lot of things that happen first. Other than knowing or believing you owe back taxes, do you have any reason to believe a garnishment might be imminent?
Thank you

No right now I making payments to the IRS

Back